Sunday, November 6, 2011

TRON GIRL




When the movie Tron: Legacy came out, I just about lost my head over the chicks dressed in White. Their called Sirens, programs who dress other programs for The Games. For a month before Halloween, I prepared my costume; unitard white body suit, silver fabric paint, reflective tape, electric light wiring and Tron disk.

For Halloween, me and the friends went to this awesome venue, Insert Coin(s) a Video/Arcade Bar. Flat screens wrap around the huge bar, where from your bar stool you grab a controller and play. DJ's playing, people dancing and VIP booths are available with bottle service in front of your private flat screens for video games.

In costume, people recognized the character instantly. With a lot of persuasion from my friends, I was asked to come on stage and show off my suit. And later was asked again to come up on stage for the sexiest costume contest. I made it to the top 3, up against a sexy Poison Ivy and a Kim Kardashian look-a-like.

Ironically, I was covered from head to toe, but I think with how unique my costume was and the fact that I was in a Video Arcade bar, I had a few fans. (And my friends were helpful in cheering).

I took 1st place in the sexiest costume contest, winning $1000 and a trophy at Insert Coin(s).

I made quite a profit on what I spent making the costume and even more rewarding, I got a taste for getting creative again. Something that's withered away the last year. Well, the sweat shop has been dusted and I'm back in there again. I missed it.




2 comments:

  1. Nice work on that costume, and cograts on winning the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with your costume. It's made so well. You did an awesome job!! I would like to make one myself. Can I have a step by step guide on how you did yours?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete