Monday, October 19, 2009

Sayonara Okinawa, Selamat Datang Bali

I'm able to make it out to see my dad, bro and Ayako in Okinawa every 2-3 years, so it was very sad to say goodbye. I have a couple more blogs to post of Okinawa, another on Taipei (we spent 8 hours there) and now we're in Bali.

Bali.... wow. At first I was scared. The moment we got off the plane, guys who looked like they worked at the airport, pulled our luggage off the carousel offering to walk our bags out, for a price. Then there was the taxi guys, who charge double the normal rate cause it's late at night. Finally we get to our hotel at 2am and Tim and I get a twin bed, yay! (O_O)

Now it's the day after and I think it's paradise! The people are really friendly and they love when we try to speak their language. "Terima Kasi", "Saya tidak mungurti bahasa indonesia." After checking out many different guest homes to rent, we finally settled on a tropical, beautiful little neighborhood with a picturesque pool area. The house seems like a traditional hut with the bathroom indoors with a big open sky light.

Everyone has a scooter, moped or motorcycle out here. It's pure gas you breath on the roads. Just aggressive driving, no right of way riding. I saw a family of 4 riding on a scooter today!

Everything is SO cheap here! I got a 1 hour massage, pedicure and manicure for $12.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to shop so bad, the stores are so inviting with unique high end home decore, fashionable beach clothing and accessories. But I'm trying to reason that my money would best be spent on more traveling. We'll see how long I last.

I will try and post pictures as soon as I can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment